Sunday, June 10, 2012

This & That

Yep, so I've fallen behind on my blogging. I seriously don't know where the time goes! I put this on my to-do list this past week -- you know, to ensure I got to it. And here it is Sunday morning and I'm finally getting to it!  As you may have guessed from the title, this will be another post of random (and possibly useless) information :).  But that's how I keep track of life:  the random moments that happen.

One thing I've been wanting to blog is the beautiful quilt my sister-in-law Michele made for me and Jeremy as a wedding gift!  She didn't know that I love green -- and that Jeremy's pretty partial to blues -- but she happened to pick those colors!  We love the quilt and love having something that will remind us of Ben and Michele every time we look at it :).  So here I am, cheesing under the quilt ;).  In my new glasses.  Clearly I had only recently gotten out of bed that day...  And you can probably tell in the background I never fully finished everything in this house.  And with only 4 more months of living here, it's not likely I will ;).  But the plan had been to hang a picture of a Temple beside that other picture (which is the Family Proclamation).  Ah well...  In the next house ;)... 
And here's the majority of the quilt laid out for a better look :).  Michele is very talented!  Oh, and I'm a big-time snuggler.  I LOVE things that I can snuggle under.  So this is bonus cool :).

The other day at work, I was sitting on break reading.  I think I was reading In Harm's Way.  I loved that book.  It was about the torpedoing and sinking of the USS Indianapolis during WWII and the story of it's survivors.  The Navy didn't know the ship was missing for 4 days, so nobody was looking for the survivors.  The book was fascinating.  I don't know why, but I'm intrigued by ship disaster stories.  And I love stories from the World War II era as well, so that was pretty much a hit in my opinion.  But the book was well-written -- read more like a novel than non-fiction.  And I learned part of our Nation's history.  Anyway, that wasn't the point of this little paragraph.  But you know how I get lost in tangents ;).  The point was that I was sitting on break reading and a gal from Community Development walked by and said, "Has anyone told you that you look like Jenna Fischer?"  Well, the answer is no.  But I did dress up like her when April and I did our "The Office" party back in 2009.  She plays Pam on that tv show.  And so this girl was like, "Well, you do.  You could be sisters."  I was quite flattered and told her I'd take that as a compliment!  And in case you want to know what she looks like (if you don't know already), you can click here.

The weather in Washington has been interesting.  We had a couple days of warmth.  I complained about it a few posts back ;).  Since then, the weather has cooled significantly, and I've been sporting my red sweater turtleneck.  Yep.  No joke.  In June.  I'm okay with it.  I prefer the non-hot :). 

I've started walking with my mom in the mornings.  She's walking about .25 miles in the morning before work, so I drive over and walk that with her.  I also have started walking again with Sue on Tuesday evenings.  It's good.  I have only gone with my mom twice, because I was lazy the other 3 mornings...  Two of them were incredibly cold and rainy.  The third I was just exhausted.  This was the last week of watching Desiree and Emily on Thursday and Friday, but phew!  I was up late and definitely tired.  I wish I had just gotten up on Friday, though.  I would have missed the maddening crowd at WinCo that way...  I know better than to go there at 10 on a Friday.  And I prefer to be Far from the Maddening Crowd.  Haha...  I crack myself up.

Samuel turned 8 earlier this month.  I can't believe he's 8.  He's gotten so tall.  So yesterday, Brad and Angie brought over cake and ice cream (Sam picked out vanilla bean) and we sang happy birthday and ate some cake and ice cream.  He had decorated it with Star Wars legos.  Including JarJar Binx.  Two of them.  Or at least one of them and on that looked like JarJar Binx.  At first, nobody could find matches or a lighter.  So we pretended. 
After we'd all eaten it, Jeremy went downstairs and found some matches.  A lot of them.  So we let Sam blow out candles on a half eaten cake (after we sung to him again, of course).  He blew them out fast, and I wasn't quite ready.  So I only got the "after."  Bummer. 
I'll be taking Sam out for ice cream (or frozen yogurt, but he already said it's going to be ice cream, so it probably will be) this week. 

After this, Jeremy and I went and got our pizza dinner.  We waited forever at Papa Murphy's.  They were quite the happenin' place to be on Saturday, apparently.  I ordered the gourmet vegetarian, and it was pretty good!  And so, we just ate our dessert first.  We're grown ups.  We can do that ;).

And the rest of life is just typical.  Working on our wedding celebration party (that's coming up in less than two weeks!).  Went to lunch at Olive Garden with Lea on Friday and we did some shopping and picked up some prizes for our wedding celebration.  Going to work.  You know, the same old stuff.  But at least you know, now, what's going on in the Nilla Life ;).

No comments: