Sunday, June 26, 2011

3M Returns...Plus Other Stuff

I think there is a phenomenon having to do with time. It doesn't matter how much of it I have, I still have a lot more things to do than time to do it! That's why it's all about prioritizing. So I will briefly fill you in on my week (because keeping up with this blog does rank on that prioritization list...) and then I'll fill you in on my priorities. Because one day, I will probably look back on this blog post, and wonder about all the things that kept me busy. I look back at past blogs now and laugh as well as remember the things I was dealing with 3 years ago. It's kind of fun.

So anyway. I left off with last Sunday. Which brings us to Monday. Monday was the return of 3M. Which stands for Marvelous Monday Meals, in case you haven't seen a reference in so long that you forgot :). Life had been busy for lots of people, so our Monday night tradition had kind of taken a back burner. But we started it back up on Monday and are breaking it in slowly. We didn't do elaborate recipes this time, and it was really more about getting together again as friends + a few extras :). (Who I suppose also qualify as friends ;)). So here was our Monday night group. Wow have we grown! In addition to the 6 regulars (those being Chuck, Morgan, Dan, Xavier, me, and Lea), we also had Xavier's friend Emmee (I'm guessing at how she spells that), my brother Brad, and Jeremy. So we ate dinner, and it was good. Pulled pork, baked beans, pasta salad, cantaloupe and watermelon, and chips. Lots of food. And we told stories about horrifying chicken experiences (from fried feathers at KFC to cartilage-filled grilled chicken breasts (which will ruin an entire meal for me) to freaky looking chicken wings (I don't eat those either...) to vein-filled drumsticks to crunching on the ends of the bone and sucking out the marrow. Gag me. Okay so I'm prissy. I eat white meat boneless skinless chicken breasts. I suppose if I am in dire straits one day, I'd be willing to eat the other stuff to stay alive. Until then... I'll be prissy :).
We told all sorts of stories at the dinner table, actually. We laughed and it was fun. Because it's only fun when it's fun. That's right: you saw it coming. Oh yeah, we also told the various stories from the ballpark. That way everyone got to hear everyone's perspective. Awesomeness. And then we broke out the Apples to Apples. Good times.

Actually, aside from Monday Meals... My week wasn't that eventful (well, except for the few days when allergies kicked my tail again. I do not enjoy allergies. Just FYI.) I walked with Sue, I checked on a friend's cat, hung out with Saria, Samuel, and Benjamin (it was Brad's weekend to have them), had presidency meeting, worked at the county job and the funeral home... It's funny... When I put it in writing, it doesn't seem like I had much to do. But it sure felt like a ton of things to do! I feel like I stayed pretty busy ;). Saturday was probably the best day of the week. Shocking, huh? I went grocery shopping with my mom and the kids while Brad caught up on sleep from working 9 a.m. to 3 a.m. the day before. Then I worked on getting some pictures ordered (trying to stay on top of that...). And then I got a shower, because Jeremy and I were going to go see a play at the Stake Center called Savior of the World. So Jeremy arrived and we went to the park to study scriptures and just enjoy the pretty day. Then we went to Rachel's and got another delicious pizza (and this time I actually picked zucchini as one of the toppings... it is that good!). Then we drove to the Stake Center and watched the play. It was a really nice evening. There's just something wonderful about sitting next to someone you love and holding hands while enjoying a beautiful event :).

Have I mentioned that I'm kind of sappy lately? Along those lines... Let me tell you how things sometimes go... So my friend Em stops me at church today and asks me how things are going... In that tone of voice that can only mean she's asking about one specific "thing." And that would be Jeremy. And I grin. Like a big dummy. Because I can't help it. And the lady next to her, who is also a friend of mine, says, "Don't you love how she just glows when you ask her that question?" Hahaha... Okay, so maybe they love it. But I feel a bit of a blush coming on ;). So so sappy :). Which rhymes with happy. So you can read into that whatever you'd like ;).

So today was Sunday. An early morning. The choir sang twice and Primary was Primary. Always busy with lots to do and lots to check up on. Then I went to choir practice and was reminded about a Scout meeting I have tonight. So I will be going to that shortly. But while I was outside watering my garden, the kiddos pointed out that I had several strawberries!!! So we picked the four most ripe ones and me and the 3 kids got to eat a strawberry each from my garden. And this is only one of the three plant "sections" of strawberries. So I am pretty excited I will get a lot more strawberries this year than last year!! (Ummm... Yeah, I sort of need to weed around the strawberries. It's on my list of priorities, but obviously not high on it...). Well, I'm off to get a shower before I eat a quick dinner (barbecue beef in the crock pot) and head to my meeting. So TTFN :),

Oh yeah... My priorities... Well, no time for that. Haha... I'm prioritizing ;).

5 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

I love you.

the happy thomas family said...

i love you.

just thought you should know. :)

Nilla said...

It's bizarre that you both wrote "I love you." At first I thought it was a duplicate message... Funny!

the happy thomas family said...

it just proves how much you *are* loved!

love you ... times three!

Jenny said...

strawberries look good.