Sunday, July 26, 2009

[Nilla] Likes to Party All the Time

Good grief! Another week has come and gone. I don't even know where the time goes. But it's been another busy week full of lack of sleep and non-vanilla-ness.

Last Monday I got to see Christina and the babies :). I love the girls. They are so fun. They joined us for our Monday evening walk with my mom and Heidi. Then Christina and I went by St. Vinny's to see if we could find the 2nd Kathy Reichs book, since Christina is far ahead of me in her reading!!! We were unsuccessful, but we found a bunch of other good books :). Then we went to the dollar store and got some goodies, and then to a grocery store for Christina to go in and pick up formula. I just waited in the car with the girls while Christina ran in, because it's rough getting a 4 1/2 year old and a 7 1/2 month old in and out of the car a million times. Then we headed to Christina's and had some dinner and watched Clue while downloading songs and playing with the kiddos. I left there at about 12:45 Tuesday morning.

Tuesday and Wednesday were good days. Just went to work, went to a presidency meeting for Relief Society. At work we were getting all the preparations finished for our awesome 80s party that was to take place later that week :). Oh, and plus on Wednesday night, my mom and I made oreo truffles for the 80s party.

On Thursday, I went to work and had my normal day of work up until about 3:45 when we left to go to Seattle for the quarterly Rewards and Recognition Banquet. We were able to dress down, so I was in jeans :). Only 7 of us went from our location, but we used 3 different vehicles. But we all went on the ferry on the way over. Those of us who went: Robin, my mom, me, Danielle, Sue, John, and Doug. We had a tad bit of trouble finding the place (Seattle traffic and streets are nutso!), but we got there and got to eating. We had grilled food, and everything was yummy. They were handing out water guns, so we all got one, and then my mom, Sue, and I snuck up on Robin and doused him. It was hilarious. He got us back eventually, but in the end, we were all pretty wet. Who knew it could be that much fun to spray water guns when you are 28 years old??? Also, I learned a lesson: don't put a loaded water gun in your pocket and then lean over. Because chances are good you will cause the gun to spray inside your pocket and it will look like you peed your pants. That's just a word to the wise :). Anyway, here we are (minus Doug) right before we were getting ready to leave:
Water Gun Fighters
And yeah, so we got lost on the way back home and ended up somewhere really weird. I don't even know where we were. I think it was the industrial section -- or the commercial shipping area. Apparently that happens all the time, because a gate guard provided us with directions. Hahaha... Oh, and I was navigating. I'm awesome. Of course, my mom was also navigating from the back seat, and she seemed to know where she was going, so I kind of had quit navigating. And so that wasn't brilliant either. Ah, such is life. Just be cautious if you ever find yourself on the viaduct in Seattle. But no worries... We had plenty of time to find our way back to the ferry and catch it. We talked on the way back and we laughed so hard!!! It's awesome to tell stories and just laugh together as a group :). We got back to the funeral home a bit after 10 and then headed home. I ended up being up until about 2 in the morning working on food labels for the 80s party.

Friday was the day of the big 80s party!!! Woohoo!!! We were all very excited. I worked until about 3, and then I headed off to get the rest of the ingredients I needed for the cheeseball I was taking for the party. Then I had to get home and shower and get all 80s-ed up :). And I did. And since I can't make myself have big hair, I just side-ponytailed it. And I went into Rite Aid (because I had forgotten crackers) looking quite interesting, I'm sure :). So, enjoy all the lovely pictures of the 80s party. It was radically awesome, and we had a decent turnout. And we had so much fun with the food (due to lack of interest in looking at each individual dish, I have not embedded each food picture here... So, click on the picture, and it will take you to the rest :))!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Cassette Tapes!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank goodness for Pam having the exact same 2 80s games that I have: Name That Tune 80s Edition and Trivial Pursuit 80s Edition. Mine are all packed in boxes still :(. And Pam also had cassette tapes to bring for decor :)!! And of course we had 80s music to listen to :). It was way fun. Here was everyone who attended:
The 80s Partiers!

And here are me and Mary, two rockin' 80s babes :)
Hila and Mary

By this time, it was time to dig into the food. And it was all very yummy! Several people had to leave after the food part, but those of us who stayed split into 2 teams and played both 80s games. This brought back lots of memories. We used to play Name that Tune 80s all the time with Jon and Julie. And all I remember is that there is one video on there that came up all the time -- I think it was Rock the Casbah.
All of us playing Name That Tune 80s Edition!

My team consisted of me, Mary, and my mom. And we won both games!!! My mom was awesome at the Headlines and the Wild Card questions. We sure couldn't have won without her!!! And seriously, we didn't just win, we whipped some 80s bootie! And okay, so she wasn't so helpful at the Name That Tune game. But she was hilarious! At one point we had to watch a video clip and guess the group. So the video was China Girl by David Bowie, and Mary and I both knew it. My mom goes, "Oh! That's Jim Bowie (pronounced Boo-ie)!" That was hilarious. And we can't forget that Pam said, "Wasn't his name Captain?" about Captain Stubing on The Love Boat. Hahahaha.... You had to have been there, but it was hilarious. Captain Captain. Hahahaha....
The Winning Team!

So here are the three of us who dressed up who actually work at the funeral home:
Blackmail for work :)!

And here are all of us who dressed up:
Back to the 80s!
The other two people and the baby were guests of Pam.

We got everything cleaned up by 9 and then left. And then, Mary texted me on her way home to tell me that she forgot she had to stop for gas, and that she was really appreciating her outfit right about then. Oh I laughed sooooo hard. I bet she got some stares :). And then, of course, Saturday was work day for me and Mary. But at least we had a ton of leftovers :). Saturday evening I went grocery shopping with my mom. And then today was church. And so that has been my life lately. And yes, I sure do like to party all the time :). Thank you, Eddie Murphy, for providing me with a great song title post :). And what's more, thanks for doing this song in the 80s so it's even more fitting :). I am a NERD.

7 comments:

Mrs. S said...

Is it the breakfast club?

Katherine Ronachert said...

how fun! although, at the beginning of the post, i found myself reminiscing a time when you acted as my copilot... something about navigating through a circle...
:)

jessica said...

Everyone loves nerds...I love the jellies!

jessica said...

By the way, how about... "The Breakfast Club?"

Stefanie Nicole Barker said...

Haha, k so I seriously thought you had 119 different pictures of '80s dishes...and then I realized it was just the total number in your photo album. But way cute party, Hila, you have a great smile in pictures. And thanks for the water gun tip because...I'm pretty sure I would have done the same :)

juliebean said...

you look smashingly rad in your outfit, especially like those earrings. Wish I could have been there... nice pics.

Nilla said...

Yeah, I got lots of compliments on the earrings and bracelets. So props to you, Juliebean, for accessorizing me - 80s-style :)!!!