Friday, July 17, 2009

Burning the Candle at Both Ends

Yeah, that's what I feel like I've been doing. I'm tired! And it feels like I'm always on the go. I had quite a busy week.

I babysat one evening for a friend from church. She had an obligation with her 9-year old son, so I watched her 1 and 2 year olds. They are funny kids, and very well-behaved. It was an easy time, and it was fun. We even watched some Inspector Gadget cartoon episodes (from the 80s) from NetFlix.

I walked 3 days this week, and two of those days, I walked 2 miles! Yippeee!!! I'm trying to stay motivated.

I had a rather odd dream about my filing at the funeral home. Or should I say nightmare? Because, in the dream, my filing system wasn't working!!! I was horrified, and I was telling my boss, "I just don't know what to do! All of this (and I motioned to all the index cards I'd made up so far) has just been a waste!" And at one point, I even started pulling random index cards and handing them out to people who work there and telling them to try to locate what was on the card with the new filing system. And only one person was able to locate theirs. And it was a magazine article. And the lot card (the index card) actually had the magazine article listed on it, rather than anything that has to do with a funeral home(more like periodicals in a library). Hahahaha... I guess I was mixing up my work history. I am, after all, a funeral home librarian ;). Hahaha...

I made jam with some ladies from church on Tuesday night. We made three types to give away at Enrichment Meeting on Thursday night: blueberry rhubarb, strawberry rhubarb, and raspberry rhubarb. I have to say the strawberry is my favorite, but they are all really good. And then Enrichment went really well last night. We learned how to be more consumer-aware and how to make healthier choices at the grocery store.

We're in the middle of planning an 80s party for the funeral home. It is scheduled for next Friday, and it's going to be way awesome. In addition to the 80s menu I posted previously, we've also come up with other items. Mary came up with "Breakfast Club Sandwich" and I thought of "Where's the Beef" and Onion Cheeseball with "Putting on the Ritz" crackers :). And hopefully my sister will read this blog post so she can see that I linked that song just for her :). Anyway, so you know I'll be taking pictures. I'm pretty excited about it :). I even made up a flier that has gotten a few chuckles.

And I'm also starting the search for my next plane tickets. I'm looking at schedules and prices and getting excited about going to see April get married in October! Woohoo!

So, I guess my life doesn't seem so on-the-go when I put it in writing. But, it sure feels like it is! My days start early (well, okay, 8:00 is early to me :)), and end late -- like midnight or later. So I feel pretty darn tired. But it's fun, and so I'm not complaining :).

5 comments:

jessica said...

Hey, when everything is said and done...life is what you make it so have fun!

juliebean said...

You are queen of the 80's parties...

the happy thomas family said...

love, love, love inspector gadget. lived on them growing up. have them on dvd.

i. am. a. nerd.

Stefanie Nicole Barker said...

Haha! Omygoodness Hila I was SO thinking that you have been a librarian for too long when I was reading about your dream - detailed nightmares about filing? :) Aaah I love you! And I didn't know you had a job, how fun! And only you could plan an 80s party at a funeral home (where are you guys going to do it, by the way? wait...never mind I'm confusing morgue with funeral home...)! I hope it's jumpin'. :)

Mrs. S said...

wow, you're busy! I feel like I need to take a nap now... ;)