Tuesday, April 7, 2009

60s and Holding

But not for long. The rain will re-commence tomorrow. (Is that even a word? If it isn't, it should be. So, I'm declaring it so :)). Or that's what is predicted, at any rate. In the meantime, I have been loving the 60-something degree weather we've been having for the past 4 days. It's been sunny and gorgeous -- with full views of the mountains on all sides. The mountains really are pretty.

I went walking yesterday with a gal from church named Heidi. Today I walked with my mom and Sue, with whom we both work.

I also went and bought a pair of black, flat dress shoes. All I own are high heels. And let me tell you, my 2.5 to 3-inch heels were not the wisest choice for shoe yesterday when I was on my feet all morning. In fact, I left halfway through and came home and changed into tennis shoes. My feet were killing me. I always bought heels, because usually I wasn't on my feet at work that much. And I was just always used to getting heels. I still love my heels, but I will save them for the times when I'm not doing a lot of standing, walking, lifting, and moving. So, anyway, I bought a pair of black flats that are cute. And more practical for work, in case I need to go out into the park to verify info and good 'ole Bob isn't there to be my Gator chauffer. That takes a lot of walking -- sometimes up and down hills. And always, always into the grass, which is sometimes wet and soggy, and not so heel-friendly.

And that's pretty much the extent of my excitement. It's a thrill a minute, isn't it :)?

3 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

i love shoe shopping. i never have to worry about what my butt and thighs look like!

Kira =] said...

picture of new cute shoes please!!

April Lauren said...

How have you been lady? 60 degrees... does that mean it is Spring time for you all?! I hope so!