Tuesday, September 6, 2016

When Life Hands You...

Sometimes I think I will never allow my children to enter another fast-food restaurant play place ever again.  Ever.  Never.  Ever. 

We skipped town the weekend before last (as in, not Labor Day weekend).  Jeremy went to Louisiana to help with flood relief efforts with our church Stake.  I decided to take the kids and run away.  Run away!  Hahaha.  In retrospect, I guess I should have just stayed home and gone to the library book sale.  Even though it was way awesome to get away. 

But anyway...  I try to give the kids a break from being in the car.  So I stopped at a Chick-Fil-A.  Because they have a play area.  And because Chick-Fil-A just seems a little cleaner.  Because last December, Lynnaea picked up some pukey virus, and I'm pretty sure it was from a McDonald's play place.  So I've been leery of those ever since.  But Chick-Fil-A has always seemed safe. 

Until now.  When my kids picked up hand-food-mouth disease from one.  Blah.  And okay, it's not the end of the world.  It's no worse than chicken pox, really.  There was a day of high fevers, and then a day of no appetite because it hurt to swallow.  But other than that, the kids have been fine.  Except for the pesky fact that they were still contagious.  For 7 to 10 days.  So we are still in quarantine.  For a couple more days.  My children may never see the inside of a play place again!  ;). 

So yeah, when life gives you (or your kids) hand-foot-mouth disease (and you have to stay home for a really long time)...  Well, then you just turn into the wolf-lady ;).
Because what else is there to do?  (Lynnaea loves to play dress-up.  Corbin likes to put these around his neck and smile like he's the stuff.  That kid cracks me up.)

I have done other stuff.  Not just don wolf ears.  I up-cycled a #10 can and organized all my plastic bags.
(that's the life cycle of a THRIVE Life #10 can ;)).

I've been reading.  And working on to-do lists that I can accomplish at home.  I've set some goals.  And I've been mama to my babies :).
 These were the rough days of fever and bad sleep.

But then they felt better and wanted to eat apples and peas!
Yep, some days being a mama is hard.  But it's so good.

No comments: