Friday, October 19, 2012

Here Comes the Rain Again

Yep, this is a song title post.  Because I like those.  I also toyed with the idea of naming it after a couple of other songs.  I might save those for another time, though.  Because I'm sure they will be applicable at another time in my life (even if I wish they wouldn't be...).

So the rain has returned to Washington.  We had something like 3 months of non-recordable rainfall.  That's pretty unheard of around here.  But in the last week, we've been wet and soggy 80% of the time.  And the temperature has dropped.  Jeremy and I haven't quite gotten out our winter clothes yet, but that's coming.  We feel it.  We keep putting it off because our house is so teeny tiny and it's a juggle-a-thon to try unpacking things.  I like to think when we have our house, life won't be that way.  But sometimes I think I'm just fooling myself ;).  Like I always think the grass will be greener over there somewhere. 

So seriously... I've been kind of in a funk lately.  Like an ew, gross, ick kind of funk.  Which is probably why my last post was so nostalgic.  Not sure why, exactly.  Just showed up and I had a hard time kicking it.  I think it's mostly gone, but every now and again (like this morning), it crops up again.  I'm feeling overwhelmed with a lot lately.  Which isn't really like me.  I usually thrive on a long list of things to do -- and I get a lot more done when I have a lengthy to-do list.  The last few weeks, that has not been true.  I've decided I want to spend a lot of my time reading for pleasure.  I've even quit looking at pinterest most days.  Today I started out funktefied, probably because I was thinking about how I needed to do laundry.  And go to the store.  And go to Lea's (but this was a happy thing!).  And go to Presidency meeting.  But you know, by the time I got the clothes in the dryer, things settled down.  Granted, I'd forgotten the laundry soap and had to buy it there (ugh).  And granted I had to go to the store while my clothes were in the washers, because I didn't have enough money to dry them (had to get cash back).  And granted, I forgot that was the very reason I went to the store in the first place and used my credit card (as is habit), which doesn't offer cash back as an option.  And so, granted, I had to stop at Rite Aid and see if they had either of the 2 items the grocery store didn't (cheeseballs or Booberry cereal).  And granted, when I finally had the money (Rite Aid had a massive container of cheeseballs), I drove past the laundromat like I was headed home, so I had to turn around...  But then I got the clothes in the dryer, and the day improved significantly.  And Lea was running behind today too, so the timing worked out perfect.  She and I enjoyed omelets and blueberry cream muffins and fun girl chat.  And I'm glad we do that every other Friday.  I think I need it :).

Of course, it hasn't helped that Jeremy and I have been a couple of sickies this week.  He got sick Sunday night, and I got sick by Tuesday and stayed home from work.  And now we are both coughing -- which I'm hoping is part of the getting it gone stages.  Our house isn't the driest house in the Pacific Northwest, so it's not helping us get over this...  And it also hasn't helped that graveyard shift is the pits.  Seriously.  I used to complain about swing shift...  Never again.  Graves is hideous.  Jeremy doesn't sleep so well during the day (he's in there sawing logs now, and it's 6:46 pm here), so his sleep schedule is all messed up.  And he reverts back to regular sleep times on the weekends, so he has to go back through it all again Sunday evening.  Ick.  He's on swings in November.  It'll be a breath of fresh air.

I didn't get the job I had applied for.  I was somewhat surprised not to have gotten it, because I am doing the work right now.  And there were a few days I was a little peeved about it, even though I do believe things happen for a reason.  And I think my life is just going to take a different direction, and I'm okay with that :).

In other news, I have decided, as part of my unfunktefying myself, that we are doing the Halloween party again as a family.  Nobody's house is big enough, so we are using the funeral home.  I'm pretty excited.  And this is why I was in search of cheeseballs (pumpkin poop) and Booberry cereal (Booberry treats).  Lea is going to go also and have craft stuff so the kids can do a craft.  Maybe I'll buy candy and they can use their craft bags and go trick or treating to the grown-ups or something.  Who knows.  But at least we'll have some fun food :). 

And I don't know if there is anything else exciting going on.  Nothing comes to mind.  I'll be 32 soon.  Ack.  That's weird.  I don't feel 32.  And I ate Chinese food tonight, and I'm still waiting for it to not be sitting so heavy in my stomach.  I think I ate too much of it.  And I know better than that :).

1 comment:

jessica said...

The funk is the worst!! This too shall pass, right?! I have heard that visits to San Diego to see very old friends have been known to pull people out of funks. After all there is beach and Disneyland. Happiest place on earth. :) Your party sounds like so much fun! I know my kids would love pumpkin poop!