Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall

I had a meeting at church tonight (that's why I didn't call, Dad.  I'll call tomorrow).  As I was leaving and driving home, it suddenly hit me:  It's fall!  I got all giddy thinking of all the wonderful things Fall brings.  Egg nog (I bought some of that this weekend and we're almost through it...).  Warm apple cider.  Home-made hot chocolate.  Snuggling under big blankets.  I don't know.  I just got giddy.  I could feel the crisp chill in the air (it actually hailed while we were at church...), and I just had all those thoughts of Fall-ishness come over me. 

This also means there will be some must-watch videos in the coming months.  We start with Garfield's Halloween Adventure. Then comes Thanksgiving, and A B.C. Thanksgiving is required viewing material. Sadly, my copy is one burned from a very old Betamax copy, so it has tracking issues ;).  But you get the gist of it.  Love this.  Have watched it for years and years and can practically quote the whole thing.  It makes me laugh.  Then Christmas will come, and we'll need to watch A B.C. Christmas (I get the warm fuzzies at the end :)), the Christmas Claymation (which I'll need to borrow from my mom), and, of course, Garfield's Christmas.  And I'll probably convince Jeremy to watch While You Were Sleeping with me too :).  Snuggled up with some hot chocolate, of course :). 

This was a totally random and pointless post.  But I'm excited about Fall and the events that follow.  And I just thought I'd share :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love fall too! I love the abundance of all things pumpkin flavored/scented/looking. I'm so jealous though of your Washington autumn, I'm sure the leaves are to die for beautiful by now :) And by the way, what is betamax? It sounds like a snack food, but for computers. Love you Hila!