Friday, January 13, 2012

Isn't [He] Romantic

Today (I actually typed the rest of this up yesterday when I was in a much better mood) is getting on my nerves. That's just FYI. Even blogger is annoying me. So if you wonder about how the text appears on here, it's because I was done with dealing with it.

:). You know it’s going to be good
when I start off a blog post with a smile!
I realize, based solely on the title
of this post (which is a doctored-up song title), that you may already be
gagging. But I can promise you a good laugh if you read on. And that is a
promise!

First I suppose I should tell you
about life in general before I get to life in specific ;). I never really said
much about the Christmas and New Years holidays. So I will briefly cover that
(and bear in mind my idea of brief may not match yours… ;)). Christmas was
busy. On the 23rd of December, I went to lunch with Lea and Morgan at the Olive
Garden and enjoyed some gab and a lot of food (it was, after all, the unlimited
soup, salad, and breadstick lunch… and this time it was pretty good!). Of
course, why I ate so much at 2:00 in the afternoon when I knew full well that
Jeremy and I had a dinner planned (that we was cooking), I do not know… But it
ended up working out fine, because Jeremy and I ate quite a bit later than we
planned, since it takes time to cut up potatoes, clean chicken, and cut
cauliflower into florets… We ate a ton of garlic in that meal ;). Plus, between
home teachers dropping of pies and my dad calling to discuss a few things, I
think it was about 8:00 before we actually ate! Which we did by the light of
the Christmas Tree while watching UP. Such a cute movie. And so fun to watch it
with Jeremy :). Christmas Eve was busy with me trying to do last-minute things
like mail Julie’s package, make pies, and make 2 fruit salads. But Jeremy’s a
big help, and he actually made both fruit salads and the cold pumpkin pie
(something new I tried, and it was a weird conglomeration of ingredients that
made it seem questionable – and super-fatty, but neither of us actually tried a
piece, so who knows how it was…). We headed to his mom’s parents’ house for
Christmas Eve dinner. So I met a lot of his family, and all his brothers were
there, so his whole family almost was there, so that was pretty cool. It was a
late night – we didn’t get back to my house until midnight. And we were tired.
So we said our good-byes and I got my shower and went to bed!

Christmas was also kind of busy. We
attended church together in my ward, and I sung 4 songs with the choir. One of
those included me doing a descant, but apparently I didn’t sing very loud (too
afraid of making a mistake!) and I didn’t use the microphone very close to me
(again, too afraid of hitting a wrong note and broadcasting that loud and
clear!), so I shouldn’t have been so nervous… but I was! It really was nice,
though, to sit with Jeremy during church. I say that every time, but it’s
because it’s true. After church, we changed clothes and headed to his parents’
house and exchanged gifts there and saw one of his brothers and his family. Then
we headed back to do Christmas with my family that evening. That was a lot of
people in a small house! But it was good. The food was plentiful (my mom opted
for prime rib this year instead of turkey and ham). The fruit salad that Jeremy
and I took for Thanksgiving in Alabama has become our staple “potluck” dish,
and it seems to be a hit no matter how we make it or where we take it. So yay!
It’s a keeper! After opening presents, we went back to my house and relaxed for
a while, just the two of us. Oh, and I should mention (for those of you who
didn’t see it on facebook) that I did get a ring for Christmas. Hahaha… A key
ring ;). Both Jeremy and I had had plenty of people suggesting or commenting on
me getting a ring for Christmas. So Jeremy made it so. Hahaha… I do so love his
sense of humor ;).

Jeremy had the whole week between
Christmas and New Year’s off. So we had the lovely opportunity of seeing each
other every day that week (except the one where he was out of town visiting
family) and spending some wonderful time together. He finally watched The
Goonies with me, and commented that he must not have watched it at the right
time in his life for it to grow on him the way it has me and that uber-excited
Goonies fan from Applebee’s. Our New Years Eve was quiet. He fixed my side-view
mirror while I took down Christmas decorations. Then he took the Christmas tree
to be recycled. We heard and saw some fireworks from my back window, but other
than that just enjoyed each other’s company and worked on a few piddly things
around my house (like hanging a few more pictures :)). New Years Day was church
and it was a hectic day indeed! My ward switched to afternoon time while
Jeremy’s now meets at 9:00. Plus several people were out, so it made for a busy
busy Primary! (And actually, this past Sunday was even more hectic, because of
all the new changes: new classes, new teachers, etc… plus I was teaching the
lesson about choice and consequences. Phew! Try to get a bunch of 3 year olds
who are used to playing with toys at about that time to pay attention! Hahaa… I
was pretty sweaty by the end of that lesson!). Emily is a brand new Sunbeam,
and that was an adventure for sure! That was a side-note ;). I spent Sunday
evening with Jeremy, and let me just say that it is a lovely thing to begin
2012 together. Monday was a day off work for both of us, because the holiday
was on Sunday. So nice to have the extra day to spend together. We made another
fruit salad, and then headed out to his brother’s mother-in-law’s for a Rummikub
tournament! So fun! I told Julie I was playing that, and her response was that
I am not allowed to play that game with anyone but her. So I told her Jeremy
and I will have to plan a special game-playing trip to Alabama where she and
Jon and Jeremy and I can play Mexican Train and Rummikub. Personally, I think
we should do that now!

Tuesday brought a return to work for both me and Jeremy. Blah. I need a get-rich-quick scheme so we can just spendour days together ;). Haha… Okay, so I’m kidding. That’s called retirement. And apparently you have to work before you retire. Anyway… Work was work for me and
training for Jeremy. And then by Thursday, Jeremy was winging his way on a work
trip and we had to endure 5 whole days of not seeing each other! The horror, the
horror!!! Hahaha… Seriously, though. It wasn’t horrible, and actually I got a
lot of stuff accomplished (including getting 2 food storage buckets for free!).
I shredded a bazillion papers (and I think I broke my paper shredder, possibly
beyond reasonable repair). I had tax papers from 1999. It was time for those to
go! I organized some files, consolidated some stuff… Little by little
everything is getting put away in an organized fashion. So lots of good stuff
got accomplished. But, you know when you’re in love, 5 days can seem like
forever! Hahaha… But I had the most special things to help get through those 5
days of not only not seeing each other, but not even being able to talk to each
other 4 of those days (due to where he was… no cell phone reception). See,
Jeremy managed to hide a whole bunch of little tiny strips of post-it-notes
with happy loving thoughts written on them all around my house. And I would
randomly find them. And it was way way cool and so sweet and special. And I’m
smiling like the biggest dork right now. And I’m not going to tell you what
they said or where all he hid them. But I will tell you one. Because I promised
you a good hearty laugh. And this will also help you see that the places he put
these sticky notes really were random. And sometimes hilarious! So one night I
was getting ready for bed, and as part of my routine, I make sure to use the
bathroom (#1, just for clarifying…). I mean, I find it lame to get woken up in
the middle of the night in order to go tinkle… (Although I think chocolate milk
might be a diuretic for me). Anyway, so after I was done, I stood up (my
bathroom is teeny tiny, so the sink is literally right in front of me…) and
proceeded to wash my hands and brush my teeth and take out my contacts before
flushing the toilet. So when I did turn around to flush the toilet, I noticed
this bright yellow color and thought, “What is that!?!” And then I realized
what it was… A note! So at some point, Jeremy had shoved a note between the
layers of an unused roll of toilet paper. And I was completely oblivious to
said note until the TP in the potty had soaked through and revealed it (Jeremy
blames my not seeing it on my scrunching of the toilet paper). And yes, for
your information, I did reach in and fish it out. And the most hilarious part
is that it said, “Having fun? Haha… Potty humor.” Well, and it said “I love
you” too… I laughed and smiled so much! (And washed my hands again). And so the
next morning (the last one before we wouldn’t even have cell phone contact), I
told him about finding this note. He laughed so hard! Classic. The funniest
part to him was what that note said… since I had to fish it out of the toilet
and all… Having fun indeed!

Anyway, so yeah, it was really sweet and quite
romantic to find little notes in random places reminding me that he loves me.
And the coolest part was that I found a note every day except Saturday.
And so Jeremy is back now, and we
had a lovely Tuesday evening catching each other up on the days and the events
while we were apart. And life otherwise is mostly just the same old stuff. And
it’s going to be a 4-day weekend for me, so I’m looking forward to that… Even
more so if Jeremy gets a 3-day weekend :).