Friday, December 17, 2010

Today I...

...slept until I woke up on my own. Which was at 9:00.

...didn't go to work (either of them), because I had a dentist appointment.

...spent 10 minutes trying to get into my car. We had a hard-freeze last night, and the locks to my car were frozen. Fun.

...bought a black blazer from St. Vinny's for $2.50. And by blazer, I mean the jacket variety. Not the awesome 4-wheeled variety. But if they had one of those for $2.50, I'd have probably bought that too :).

...went to the dentist and got a tooth yanked out of my head. My other top wisdom tooth (well, the other other one got pulled years ago in Dothan for the same reason) had a cavity and they recommended pulling it, because where they are tends to make them prone to cavities (since they are hard to reach). It cost me $1 less to pull it than fill it, and if I filled it and then had more problems later, that would make it even more costly. So I pulled it. This was a much better experience than last time. The had the tooth out in less time than it took the Counting Crows to finish singing Round Here on my Zune. Seriously. Sure, I heard a little bit of stuff and felt them pulling a bit. A small bit of pressure. But I'd had the procedure done before, so I was totally anticipating the horrible cracking sounds by my ear that I experienced last time. I was pleasantly surprised :). Less than 3 minutes. Worst part was getting the shot in the roof of my mouth. Well, and then the changing of the gauze stuff afterwards. Gross. But now I just have a hole in my mouth. Which will heal in time.

...stopped by Brad and Tarylyn's since I was over on their side of town and saw the kids for a few minutes. They had half day today since it is the beginning of Christmas Break for them.

...went to the Temple with Janise and Wendy and met up with Amalea there.

...went to the Cheesecake Factory on the way home from the Temple. Tried a new cheesecake (in the interest of not having hard stuff that might be detrimental to the hole in my head that had stopped bleeding by this point... I didn't want to start that process again, trust me). I had the chocolate peanut butter one with the chocolate cake layer. It's yum. I never finish all my meal or cheesecake, so I brought the leftovers home to my mom. I got the cajun chicken littles like I usually do, but I'm definitely not getting those again. They have changed the recipe and they are more bland. But dessert was awesome. As always. And the food wasn't bad. Just not as totally awesome as it used to be -- as far as that meal is concerned. But I did learn that they make awesome sweet potato fries!!! I will be getting those in the future.

...want to read some more in The Dead and the Gone, which is the second book in the series about the moon getting hit by a meteor and gets knocked closer in orbit to the Earth and this changes everything... Am loving this series.

...am tired. And so I will stop blogging. I will read from the above-mentioned novel. And I will go to bed.

...am done.

3 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

loved it. as usual. well, except for the pulling of tooth. ouch! but the rest not so bad! :) i'm eating oatmeal, because my throat is so swollen. ack.
:) love you!!!

Katherine Ronachert said...

"today i..." got a shot in the rump... yes, it's true and i thought i'd share with you. lol.

Katherine Ronachert said...

garfields christmas