Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Well this is mostly just a picture dump. More pictures from Thanksgiving. From Christina's camera. These are all from after dinner. I did some filming of the kids (aren't you proud, Dad?), and they were very excited to get to watch the video we had just filmed. So we sat on the kitchen floor and watched it on the mini-screen. And they thought it was so hilarious.
Emily had been wearing this necklace around her neck. I don't know if it is a pen or something. But it lights up. Anyway, so she brought it to me, so I tried to put it around my neck. Alas, my head is melon-size, and it didn't fit. So we ended up with this.
Saria and I talked books. And I talk a lot with my hands, as evidenced in this picture.
And then we all posed with plastic vampire teeth. Even me. And even Emily. Which was hilarious.
Toddler hugs and kisses sure are sweet.
And the Christmas parties begin... Which is why it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas :). Tonight was the library Christmas party. We were a small group, but we had fun. We did a potluck, which was delicious; an ornament exchange; a cookie exchange, which is always awesome; and played Apples to Apples and had a lot of fun with that! Here we all are posing with out ornaments.

Deep Thought as I spent time looking at the pictures from Christina: though I imagined my life at this point as being quite different than it actually is, it occurred to me this week that if I was married with children as I always dreamed of being by 30, I would not have the relationship I have with my nieces and nephews. They bring such joy to my life. And you know what? I wouldn't trade it for anything. There is still time for me to be a mommy one day. Until then, I will enjoy being the cool aunt. Because seeing the joy in the eyes of these beautiful children and knowing them as well as I do... It is so worth it :).

6 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

i agree ... you are quite the cool aunt. and i am loving the fangs ;) ...

Katherine Ronachert said...

you are sweet and sentimental. i love ya!

the happy thomas family said...

by the way, is your movie quote from 'uncle buck'? I know it's from a john candy movie.

juliebean said...

great pics!!

jessica said...

Every family needs an aunt like you!! You are so awesome!

Uncle Buck

Katherine Ronachert said...

while you were sleeping