Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Cold Sets In

As promised, I am including the Thanksgiving pictures :). First off, here is the Thanksgiving Feast we enjoyed:
The Feast

Here are most of the cute kiddos, ready to eat:
Kiddos

And here is everyone who was there (the problem with being the camera-button-pusher is that you have to run into the photo and you usually look disproportionate to everyone else...):
Thanksgiving Clan

And here is a picture taken a week later. Of Emily standing alone and Desiree eating. Emily wouldn't stand with any level of confidence or for any length of time on Thanksgiving, but by this past Thursday, she was an old pro at it ;).
Emily and Desiree eating

And check out her cute, but messy, face. She enjoyed eating mashed potatoes and gravy. She also enjoyed sharing with her great-grandma.
Messy Face

Anyway, so I did some shopping this past week. I am almost completely done with Christmas shopping, and that feels great :). Which is also good, because I have to send about 1/2 of the presents to far destinations... Like Alabama, Florida, and Oklahoma. So now I must start on the business of wrapping presents. I started last night and got 3 or 4 done. A good start, if I say so myself :). We also need to get to work on baking goodies. We have lots of baking to do, so we need to start now, and we'll just freeze them :).

It's funny... As I go through the week, I usually think of a million things that I can blog about. And then, when I get down to it, it all escapes me. Mostly I spent the week working. I found some issues in the park that required immediate attention. I guess that's what's bound to happen when you are dealing with 60 years of paperwork. Stuff gets overlooked. Mistakes get made. It will be nice if there ever comes a day when everything has been sorted out and fixed. And truthfully, this is really rewarding work. I enjoy what I am doing, and I can see a finished product.

As for the volunteering thing... I'm still doing that. I have moved over to the middle school library, because there is more work for me to do there. I am helping her process some of her books by adding them to the catalog and getting EZ-covers on them. I see so many books I want to read. I will never have enough time! But in good news, I'm plowing through the 6th Harry Potter. I am 2/3 of the way done and am hoping to finish it this weekend. Then it will be on to something else. I do love to read. Wish I had more time for it...

So yeah, wow. I don't even have anything interesting to say! I just wanted to blog and keep up a little bit :).

Oh... There is the cold weather to report :). If it was overcast and raining, it'd be snowing. The roads were icy by 9 p.m. last night. That's how cold it is here. And tonight is supposed to be even colder. Just so long as I can drive and not get trapped, I'm fine with it. Clear skies and cold weather are like Alabama winters. I can totally go with it. The snow is what I can do without!

2 comments:

jessica said...

What a great and yummy Thanksgiving! I love it when family can be together.

Along Came Polly

jessica said...

Along Came Polly

Have so much fun shopping, wrapping, and baking. I love this time of year!