Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Nilla Week

Just some random stories from my last week :).

1. (Julie, don't read this one). So last Sunday morning, I had a very early meeting. Had to be at church at 7, which meant I could only sleep until 6:30. So it was still dark outside. I woke up and knelt down to say prayers. While I was getting up, my hand was pressed to the bed, and I felt something, so I picked it up and kind of rolled it in my fingers. And it felt wettish and weird. I threw it down, thinking, "Yuck. That doesn't feel like something I want to be touching." I flipped on the light... and sure enough... I'd been rolling up a spider. A rather large one. And that's creepy nasty. Because it had been in my bed. Not the best way to start a morning that I already had to start out earlier than I think is humanly necessary ;). So ick. It still makes my skin crawl to think of it.

2. Christina came by the house on Tuesday with the girls. Emily gets more independent by the day. She can pretty much stand by herself, though she doesn't do it for very long. She is very nosy, and very demanding. I told Christina that, since I haven't had children of my own to pass my genes down to in the traditional way... I've just been passing them on to her children through osmosis. Nosy and demanding. Yep, that's me! Hahaha. But, the cutest thing... Christina was feeding Emily and then gave her a Ritz cracker. Well, Emily decided she wanted to feed me the Ritz. So she would cram it into my mouth until I would take a bite, and then she would look at Christina and take a bite of whatever Christina was feeding her. It was really cute. She is learning by example, and she wants to do what she sees us do. Meanwhile, Desiree serenaded us with some of her beautiful music about bananas and apples. And when my mom and I busted out singing "Day-O" (the part about bananas), Desiree thought that was just the bees knees.

3. I could get on a soapbox about lack of individual accountability in Corporate America, but I would just work myself into a tizzy. I'll let it be. Sometimes it's sad when we lose our idealism. And then I just want to return to the days of yore... The days of innocence and ignorance are gone. And sometimes, I can buy into the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing.

4. I got a birthday package in the mail yesterday from April :)! A very awesome bunch of gifts. To include The Office pens; a nice notebook; chewy mini sweettarts (have you tried these? they are awesome); and a huge bag of a variety of Lindor Truffles. Oh my gosh those things are sooo good. She had them at her wedding, and they are fabulous. So, just go ahead and plan to roll me around ;). Hahaha... Nah, just kidding. I plan to make them stretch.

5. Getting together with a group of ladies to do a potluck and gab is always fun. Tons of laughter. It is amazing what a gaggle of women will discuss. And if you are a woman, you are not amazed by this statement, and you understand it completely :).

6. With the release of New Moon in the theatres, it's time for my sisters and me to start planning our Twilight party. We have to come up with a menu, and so far we only have 3 items on it, and they are all sweet. So, anybody who has suggestions for cutesy vampire or werewolf related foods, send 'em up!

7. I've been on a bit of a spending spree. I have accomplished a lot of Christmas shopping, plus I have treated myself to several seasons of various tv shows that I like :). Yes, sometimes I'm not the miser some will accuse me of being ;).

1 comment:

juliebean said...

thanks for the warning, I assume it was a bug story. The rest of the blog was "bug free", and it was good. You must call me and tell me you "corporate America" woes, something made you put such a vague sentiment on there.