Sunday, June 28, 2009

More of the Same

I figured I should hurry up and do another post before I never get around to it before I fly out, again, on Wednesday. Phew! I can't believe it's already time for another trip! I feel so unprepared! Actually, not much to really prepare for, other than packing. I just can't believe it's time to fly again. So anyway...

Not much out of the ordinary has been going on. I've just been working. We celebrated my mom's birthday at work early, because I was going to be gone for her actual birthday, and so was another lady who likes to bake cakes for the birthdays. As usual, we weren't able to really surprise my mom, because she somehow happens upon stuff like nobody else. It's a tad frustrating sometimes, but oh well. We all gathered and sang her happy birthday anyway :).
Mom's birthday

I did walk a couple of times this past week. On Friday, I'd say Heidi and I walked a good 2 miles at least. My mom and I walked Tuesday afternoon. The weather did funky things here this past week. It'd look like it would rain, and then it wouldn't. And last Sunday, we even had thunder and lightning! Which is rare here, so it was pretty darn cool. I also saw the new Transformers movie on Friday night. It was good, but it was the late showing -- 10:10. And so by the time I got home, it was almost 2 in the morning!

In other fun news... Mary and I continue to uncover similarities. And we laugh so hard, it's just crazy. This past week, we both -- almost simultaneously -- stated that we aren't really fans of leftovers, and that there are specific things we will eat leftover. It's not that funny now. But at the time, we just hooted with laughter as we were eating in the kitchen at work. Work was interesting this past week. I worked reception on Saturdays like always, but I also took the morning shift 2 weekdays, because the receptionist was out sick. The weekdays are always a little bit busier, so it's always quite a change-up. But then, I really kind of prefer just doing my files. I don't mind reception, but I don't get as much accomplished on my files when I'm up there :). That's a lame-o conversation, I know. I'm just rambling now. So, I suppose I will go. Nothing new to report. My next post should be filled with more adventures of me, since I'll have my trip to report ;). Until then... check out a now and then :).
Photobucket

9 comments:

Mrs. S said...

Maybe next year you'll have to do a spur the moment surprise party...surprise everyone! Or you could have a birthday party for her the day after her birthday, or 3 months before. I love surprises...well...more like I love being the surpriser.

Katherine Ronachert said...

where are you off to now, great world traveller??? man, i need to really be better about calling!
love you still

Nilla said...

Elka... I'm headed back to the South. I'm flying to Atlanta and then riding with a friend from Panama down to Orlando for the CZ reunion. Also would be my 10 year high school reunion if I'd have graduated from BHS... But, since I went to school with them for like 11 years, I figure it's close enough :).

jessica said...

You are by far the busiest woman I know and you handle it all so well!

jessica said...

Happy Birthday to you Momma!!!

Stefanie Nicole Barker said...

Girl! Where are you now? And I promise, we don't mind if you ramble, it's still good to catch up on your life. And I promise I wasn't implying anything with my post! I know you're genuinely interested in my life, no matter if you comment on my blog or not ;)

Stefanie Nicole Barker said...

Oh, never mind I just read your response to Elka :)

Katherine Ronachert said...

good for you! i remembered once i made it to nj. i hope you had a blast! also, i love, love, love you!!!

Katherine Ronachert said...

updates! updates! we need updates