Friday, August 19, 2016

Right Now -- It's [My] Tomorow

A miracle!  A miracle!  A post TWO days in a row! 

Because it's nap-time, and this is too cool and fun and so Nilla that I just have to share!

Brad texted me last night to tell me Pepsi has re-released Crystal Pepsi after 23 years... 

There was only one thing to be done:  we stopped at a convenience store after our (awful) Wal-Mart shopping trip this morning and bought one.  And let me just say, there are very few reasons I ever make special trip for one item these days...  Getting two kids in and out of the car at lunch time/nap time for a single soda is not a ton of fun.  But getting the soda:  priceless. 

It reminds me of the summer of 1993 when it had been released.  We were in Dothan for vacation that summer, staying with my grandmother.  Because my grandfather had passed earlier that year, we were here for a longer time than usual:  6 weeks.  As pre-teens, we were pretty bored with staying at the house all the time, and since my mom was here to help my grandmother, we didn't always get to go anywhere (we sure couldn't drive ourselves...).  So we started walking down the road to the little convenience store and buying junk food.  A lot.  Hahaha.  Funny what you end up remembering so fondly.  That is where we bought our first Crystal Pepsi.  And possibly our last.  I can't remember.  But I know it was our first :).  23 years.  Holy cow.  That's a whole adult lifetime!  

I love the nostalgia.  Love it.  And, after all...  It was good to do it right now.  Why wait 'til tomorrow? ;).

Here's the song, which Pepsi used for their Crystal Pepsi commercials back in my younger days...

And here's proof!
In other news...  My eyes have suddenly decided they hate my contacts if I wear them more than 4 hours a day...  So I am doing a lot of glasses-wearing these days.  I'm not a fan, and I need to make an eye appointment and see what's up.  I just keep putting it on the back burner.  Blah.

No comments: