Sunday, May 8, 2016

Corbin: 11 Months (and 1 Day)

Dear Corbin,

Another month has flown.  Well, sometimes it crawled...  But mostly it has flown. 

Speaking of crawling...  You don't really do that anymore.  You have gotten so good at walking that it is now your preferred mode of transportation!  You love how you can now travel with stuff in your hands.  And you always have something in your hands.  Because you're into everything! 

You still take bottles, but you're pretty much preferring "real" food.  And you eat a lot of it.  You are starting early in teaching me that I will need to prepare a lot of food to feed a growing boy!  You aren't especially picky, either.  You eat pretty much everything I put on your high chair tray.  Bananas are still one of your favorites, and I've recently learned that you really love strawberries too. 

You are a mama's boy, Corbin.  Sometimes it is a little frustrating, because you also know how to throw a royal fit.  You will start crying so hard that you stop breathing.  It's a little unnerving, and I'm not sure what to do about it.  This pretty much only occurs when you are mad -- not when you get hurt.  It's when I take something away (that is a no-no) or when I put you down to try to make a bottle or something similar.  Oh Corbin, I sure hope you grow out of that behavior. 

When you aren't throwing a fit, you are such a cute little stinker!  You laugh and make all sorts of noises.  You go around saying "mamamama" and "babababa" and such.  I'm sure it won't be too long before you start figuring out actual words :). 

You love being at playgrounds and around other kids.  I think it's super cute!  And you love your big sister so much.  She loves you too, but sometimes she is just annoyed by you.  You want to do anything she does and play with anything she has.  And that can be hard for her at times. 

Well, you were napping, so I was taking an opportunity to write this.  But you're awake now :).  So I will close. 

We have grown a lot in these 11 months, little man.  I can't believe you're really not a baby anymore -- you're a toddler.  I love watching you walk everywhere (and you just got shoes too!).  You sometimes waddle like a duck and I love it!  And I love you, my little man.  I love you lots and lots and lots.  And I always will.

Love Always,

Mommy




No comments: