Friday, January 24, 2014

8 Months

Dear Sweet Lynnaea,

Another month has flown by, and you are now 8 months old.  That's 2/3 of a year.  And I am half in denial that you are closer to one year old than to newborn.  How can that be possible?  I don't know.  But my love for you has continued to increase exponentially.  I don't have the words.  You brighten every day.  You make me smile.  You make me laugh.  It is such a joy to watch you learn and grow.

And you have done a lot of both of those things this past month!  It has been amazing.  Today you actually did 5 crawls in a row!  So I counted that as you officially crawling.  I give you one more week and I think you'll have it down pretty perfectly.  And you are officially already into everything!  Even without perfecting the crawl, you were managing to do a crawl or two, and then a sudden lunge!  And you'd reach what you wanted.  Like mommy's library book...  Or pictures for your baby book...  Or the gold metal strip that separates the carpet from the linoleum at home (and why you love to lick it, I'll never know...  YUCK!).  In addition to the beginning of crawling, you also roll over from your back to your tummy like a pro!  And you are quite mobile in the walker you got for Christmas.  In fact, you have managed to get a wrapper out of the garbage can and tip over the powdered milk bucket (with a minimal spill, thankfully!) while cruising in your new wheels!  Yep...  You're starting to really keep mommy on her toes!

You are still the happiest little bug :).  You smile a lot, you laugh a lot, and you squeal in delight a lot.  I love it.  You've also become quite ticklish!  Your little toes and feet...  And especially your sides near your armpits.  And sometimes your neck under your chin and your back.  I love to hear you laugh when we really get you going with some tickles.  Your real laugh is my favorite.  But you've also started a fake or forced laugh that you enjoy doing now.  I think it's all part of your learning your voice and what you can do with it.  But it cracks me up!  The other day, while you were in your jumper chair and Mommy was in the shower, I heard you doing your fake laugh like crazy.  So I looked out to see what you were "laughing" about and you were gripping the door frame with both hands (one on either side of it) and laughing up a storm!  Which made me laugh too.  You definitely have personality. 

You love bath-time and playing with your bath toys.  You like to eat puffs and rice rusks (they dissolve quickly, so Mommy doesn't worry so much about you eating them :)).  And you also like rice cereal still, oatmeal, green beans, apples-bananas-pears...  Well, let's just say there isn't much you don't like!! 

And everyone still comments on how happy, how aware, and how mellow you are.  (And most people say you look just like Mommy!)

Oh sweet girl...  I never knew I could love anyone the way I love you.  That I could miss someone who was just in the next room sleeping.  You're just that much a part of me now, and I'm so grateful to be your mommy.  Thank you for being you.

Love Always,

Mommy



No comments: