Monday, July 16, 2012

A Double Dose of Monday

It feels like I have had 2 Mondays in a row.

Yesterday, of the 5 bags of popcorn I bought (from the WinCo bulk section... I don't recommend them) only one was of any value.  One burned (okay, my fault) and 3 didn't inflate and pop more than a handful of popped kernels.  Which made us late to choir (and made me smell like burned popcorn).  (The Primary kids had earned a popcorn party).  Let's just say the air popper from my youth has never failed me.  Including yesterday.

Okay, so that's not so dramatic.  But it really soured my mood for the day.

Today I had a doctor's appointment to discuss options for moving forward since my body has not miscarried naturally.  Yippy skippy.  Most likely, I will have a D&C on Wednesday.  So, already a hard and emotional day.  But to add insult to injury, when I was trying to get to my appointment, I went out to my car to leave for the appointment; and my car chose today of all days to die for good.  We knew it was going to eventually.  But, really car?!?  Today?  And after I just added Jeremy to the car insurance and changed my name on it on Thursday?  And after I just put $40 worth of gas in you on Saturday?!?  Grrr...  So I was late to my appointment.  And now I'm driving Jeremy's car again. 

So I didn't bother going to work today.  I was going to, but my boss told me not to.  I'm thankful for an understanding boss.

And then I found out my cousin (you know her as Elka) is not coming to Washington for 3 years (or so).  Her husband got orders elsewhere.  And yes, that qualifies to go on my poopie Monday list.  Because I was pretty hopeful she was coming.  (I am, however, glad she knows where she's going and that she's going to get to be close to family there :)).

So yeah, today, in particular, was hard.  Very teary.  I guess it's to be expected.  Ups and downs.  But it's frustrating too.

So we are now looking for another vehicle.  We are going to think positively and hope we can fill up a mini-van with children.  We are opting to go ahead and buy one of those now.

In other positive news:

We are beginning the process of home-ownership (hopefully).  We will start with the trying to get pre-approved for a loan stuff.  We have found a house we like and that fits what we want.  We are hopeful; but I also know that, if it's not meant to be, it won't happen.  And I'm okay with that.  It is a big house (almost 3000 square feet).  It has a basement with a 2nd kitchen (I love the idea of a basement for summertime!).  It has a very short commute to where Jeremy works (definitely a must, since he rides his bike; and since we plan for me to stay home with our babies, I don't need to worry about a commute to work).  It has the amount of property we want (which, in the city, is hard to come by).  And it's in a quiet area.  It's a corner lot with a lot of trees and shrubbery; so again, though it's in the city, it seems secluded and private.  And we really like that.  As with everything, we know there are some cons.  It's an older house (1940) and so lead paint may be a concern.  We also could see (from the outside looking in) that we'll need to update the wiring.  We haven't been inside the house yet, so there may be more.  And you know, like I said... If it's not the right house, it's not the right house.  The right thing will come along.  But I'm excited about this house and we feel good about it.  Good enough to move forward, at least :).

Two of Jeremy's brothers took me shooting on the 4th of July.  Aside from a BB Gun, I'd never shot a gun.  But that day I shot a .22 and a .357 Magnum.  Okay, so I only shot the .357 once (that had some recoil!).  But I did shoot it :).  I didn't hit the target with that one, but I did hit the target (a paper plate about 40 to 50 feet away) 4 times with the .22.  I count that as decent for my first try :).  It was fun.

Brad and Angie came by for dinner last night and we enjoyed visiting and we are still enjoying Angie's fudgy "thinking of you" brownies :).

Jeremy and I enjoyed dinner at Applebee's on Saturday, followed up by Tillamook ice cream (chocolate peanut butter) and family videos from my family, circa 1984.  That was the summer we visited up here and we went to a State Park that Jeremy lived near.  I told him, "Wouldn't it have been funny if you had been at that very park on that very day!?!"  haha...  I'm sure it wasn't so.  But pretty cool that we were in such close proximity to each other (back when I was 3.5 and he wasn't quite 2 yet ;)).

I have strawberries, raspberries, and tomatoes growing at my grandma's house.  And the best part is that I am not doing much in the way of tending them; yet they are growing :).  I also was told about a raspberry bush near where I park for work that is located on County property where no on is living (and therefore they aren't being picked).  So I went and picked about 2.5 cups of them on Thursday!  I plan to pick more tomorrow afternoon too :).

So yeah, there's still lots of good things going on -- even in the midst of Mondays.  And there's even one more...  All you wonderful friends who have shared your love.  We love you :).  And we thank you :).

2 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

love you dearly, my sweet, darling friend. hope you know.

and good luck on the house hunt. ;)

Jeni said...

Oh bless your heart. What a Monday. Borrow a siphon and pump that gas out of your tank! I would!

Love you and praying for you.