Friday, September 3, 2010

The Bra-Less Wonder

So I'm house-sitting. It's just for the weekend. And it was rather last minute. And i procrastinate some things, like packing. And so after work, I went home to pack and decided to eat dinner there (because it smelled like garlic bread when I walked in the house, and I can't pass that up!) and also go ahead and get a shower so I could just chill out watching a movie when I got to the apartment.

And since I was just going to be coming straight to the apartment, I figured it would be so much easier to just wear my pajamas. Which today consist of a t-shirt that says Florida and some blue and white plaid baggy pajama pants that I've had for about 10 years now. Or maybe not quite that long. But anyway, so I just wear my pj's. And I opt for not wearing a bra also. Because I'm just going in my car to the apartment complex. And it is already dark outside anyway. Nobody will see me. I even tell my mom that as I'm heading out the door.

So I drive the 5 minutes to Wendy's apartment. And as I get closer to the entrance (the only entrance, I might add), I see flashing lights. I'm thinking, "Great, a traffic stop" or something. But then I see more. There are ambulances and a firetruck and several cop cars at the entrance. All the way in the entrance. And they are turning cars away. So I pull off like the others. And wonder what is going on. Well, a girl from a couple cars up comes to me and another vehicle and says that apparently someone had passed out in their car and the EMTs are working on that person and that it's going to be a while, so we are better off parking our cars and walking to our apartments for the time being. Sigh. Mind you, the apartment where I'm house-sitting is at the bottom of this very long hill. And I have my laptop, my rollaway bag, and my purse as well as a book. So I decide I might as well do this, because I need to get there to walk the dog. And the other two ladies are doing the same (only with far less luggage).

So there I am, the bra-less wonder, in my plaid pajama pants, t-shirt, flip flops with ghetto toenails (ie the big toe is the only one with paint (chipped) still on it on both feet)... Yep, I was super white-trashy today. Super white trashy. And I guess I have learned a lesson:

Never assume you're not going to run into people when you dress like white trash. You might just end up on display!

(By the way... before we made it very far, we noticed the emergency vehicles leaving and so we returned to our vehicles and were able to drive down).

My life is so grand. Hahaha. And I'm so classy :). Elka, I know you are so proud ;).

3 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

so ... i'm totally laughing. not AT you ... but WITH you ;) .

and shouldn't you have learned this lesson after the first 'twilight' party ... ?

love you!

Nilla said...

So true, Stacy, so true. I thought about that AFTER your mom posted on facebook. Hahaha. But at least I was wearing a bra that time ;). AND we konwingly and willingly went in public in pajama pants :).

Kira =] said...

I feel ya! Two members of the ward showed up on my door within an hour of each other to me in a nightgown (nursing one no less) complete with stains and bra less. Oh shoot me now.